Welcome to MarkDawson.us
Mark Dawson is the lead singer and bass player for the legendary pop/rock band The Grass Roots. Also a recording artist with three albums to his credit, on-air host of "making noise with Mark Dawson" on WOGR radio, leader of both Mark Dawson and the Kings of Snack, and American Pop 60's (a tribute to the American Artists of the 60's), and the bass player for Orlando's very own Simulcast.
You can view Mark's bio, photos and/or discography by clicking the links.
Peruse the list of shows to find out when Mark will be in your area. And be sure to tune in to his radio show, "making noise with Mark Dawson" on WOGR at 9pm eastern on the third Thursday of every month.
Have you downloaded your free MP3 yet? Well, simply enter your email address and click on the "Sign up" button (scroll down near the middle of this page)...you'll get some free music just for joining the mailing list.
Thanks for visiting!
Mark Dawson and the Kings of Snack - "One Saturday Night"
"One Saturday Night" is the third album from the lead singer and bass player of The Grass Roots. A hand-picked cast of Orlando, Florida based musicians join Mark on this rocking new CD. Click here to order now.
This Is What's Going On...
...It seems like each year just gets better and 2014 has been no exception. So far, this is what has happened...
- January 4, my second solo CD, "making noise" was ranked #3 overall in 2013 by the NW Times. You can read the review right here.
- January 8, music from "making noise" was added to Spotify Radio, which just happens to be my favorite way to listen to music!
- January 18, my cool new side-project called, "Mark Dawson and the Kings of Snack" debuted in an exclusive "live" performance that was broadcast world-wide over the OurGenerationRadio Network - WOGR-DB radio.
- February 19, I began mixing the live tracks from that performance. Mark Dawson and the Kings of Snack, "One Saturday Night" to be released on June 24, 2014.
- June 17, "One Saturday Night" by Mark Dawson and the Kings of Snack added to Spotify and iTunes
- June 24, "One Saturday Night", the first CD from Mark Dawson and the Kings of Snack was officially released.
- July 31, this very website, MarkDawson.us was selected by Bandzoogle to be part of its "Featured Artists" collection.
- August 23, the "Mark Dawson By Request" live acoustic concert was broadcast over the OurGenerationRadio Network. You can listen to the live tracks by clicking here.
As you can see, there's been some real excitement going on, and I certainly hope you've been a part of it. If you haven't, it's not too late to sign up for my mailing list. This way you'll know about all the new and cool stuff before it happens.
Don't forget to listen every Thursday night on OurGenerationRadio.com where I do my weekly radio show, "making noise with Mark Dawson". I'm also part of Aircheck.us, a fantastic collection of radio hosts and their programs from across the nation. And you can always check the updates page to see what's going on.
"making noise" is available here and at Amazon.com (standard CD version), as well as on iTunes, and Spotify. And after a long delay, my first CD, "Chapter Two" is also available at Amazon.com (or mp3 downloads here). New dates for the Grass Roots, Simulcast, American Pop 60's and now Mark Dawson and the Kings of Snack are always being added, so be sure to check the calendar for a show in your area.
Thank you for all your love and support. Hope to see you real soon.
The Grass Roots performing "Midnight Confessions" 3/29/14
You are visitor number: 14105
All content © 2014 - Mark Dawson